Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saif Ali Khan speaks from his hospital bed

Saif Ali Khan speaks from his hospital bed


• How are you feeling now?
I am fine. I will be discharged on Saturday (today). And then, Kareena and I will be going for a holiday to France.
• What exactly happened on Thursday. Why did you have to be hospitalised?
It’s a gastro infection. I was working in extreme cold conditions in Philadelphia.I came back few days ago. And I thought of eating a homemade teekha bhel. That did me in. I started throwing up. My family physician Dr Agarwal was not available.So, I called Kareena and we decided to come to Lilavati Hospital. I had to be admitted as the doctors had told me not to eat anything orally for two days. (Pauses)
• Please continue.
Actually, Kareena and I had planned to watch Ghajini on Thursday. I love watching action films.
• Is Kareena staying in the hospital with you?
Kareena is amazing. She is constantly with me. She is looking after me with tremendous love and care. She is mothering me. As she is here, I haven’t missed anybody or anything. And I must appreciate her family who was the first to visit me in the hospital after I was admitted.
• Have you given up smoking and drinking?
Yes.Now, I smoke and drink very occasionally. Kareena influenced my decision to give up cigarettes and alcohol.
• It must be tough staying at the hospital. Are you feeling restless?
I am not feeling restless. It’s quite comfortable at Lilavati Hospital. I am watching films, reading books, and Kareena is here. What more do I want? My holiday has already started.
• Has your stomach given you trouble earlier too?
Not really, but I have always had a sensitive stomach.
• Are there any dos and don’ts in your diet or any work restrictions now?
There are no work restrictions. As for diet restrictions, I have been strictly told not to eat spicy food.
• So, there is no heart scare?
Not at all. I find these speculations quite funny.

No comments: