Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Asin wants to be a boy

Only in a film that is. The actor feels it's exciting to play a male.
Asin
With the release of your first film, you are everywhere with nominations both in the best debutante and best actor category. How does it feel to be part of such a dream debut?
I have been lucky. A film like Ghajini is definitely a dream debut in Bollywood. I would be lying if I utter that I am not overwhelmed with the response of my first film in Mumbai. It's been great to sail through all the adulations and I am thoroughly enjoying it.
The media is already naming you as the next big thing.
Do you think they have been especially kind to you?
It's nice to know when people have such expectations from you. I am thankful to the media for rating me highly. But I guess I have lots more to do and have a long way to go. I have just taken baby steps in the industry and just hoping that my decision would be fruitful for me in the right way.
You are an established actor in the south but everybody terms you as a newcomer in Bollywood. What do you have to say about that?
That's not something unfair. I am happy that people over here are welcome to changes and they have accepted me. I don't have any qualms being called a newcomer considering that I have done only one film in Hindi. The audience has given me a warm welcome and I have no complaints.
Why do we always see you moving around with your father?
My father is my support system. I feel at home when he is with me and insecurity never creeps in.
Tell us something about your character in your next film London Dreams, in which you are paired opposite Salman Khan and Ajay Devgan. I am not allowed to talk about the film before the release date comes closer. But one thing I can say is that my character Priya is completely different from what I have done in Ghajini. And it's been great fun shooting for the movie.
Do you have any dream role as an actor?
I don't have any celluloid characters as my super-favourite. But I would love to play a boy. It would be something very different and exciting.

No comments: