Monday, March 9, 2009

I think people become naughty on Holi: Dia Mirza

Mumbai: Actor Dia Mirza was at her naughty best as she played Holi with DNA in her garden and revealed that she loves to see the effect of bhaang on people. "I had thandai once without knowing that it has bhaang in it and after that, I had some 20 parathas without even knowing it...but it was fun. Post this experience, I just love to see how people behave after they have bhaang. They go on a different trip altogether," laughs Dia, her face glowing with reds, blues and orange.

Actor Dia Mirza gets into the spirit of things as she plays Holi
Does Dia think Holi is the time when sparks fly for singles with the opposite sex getting drenched with colours and everyone in the mood for some seductive rain dance? "I think people become real naughty on Holi, some in the right way and some in a bad way. It should always be the right way. Many people try to take advantage of women during the occasion and that's not done at all," she clarifies.
Dia adds that Holi now has a deeper significance for people. "In a time where there is so much communal tension, Holi certainly has gained a deeper significance. People from all religions play Holi. I think Holi now has more meaning than its religious connotation. It symbolises brotherhood and unity."
Dia adds, "The building in which I'm staying is the best example of this. My neighbour is a Christian and I can see preparations are on to celebrate the occasion. The kids are ganging up to get drenched. I have people from different religions at my place and they all are talking about Holi. It is such a great sight. It shows how well we Indians bond and that a festival is for everyone to celebrate."
Dia is a regular at Shabana Azmi's house for the Holi celebrations. "I really have a great time at Shabanaji's place. It is great to see people whom we know let their hair loose on Holi at her house. However, this year I'm going to be careful with Holi colours as it has a bad effect on my hair and I can't risk it as I have many movies coming up in 2009."

No comments: