Monday, March 9, 2009

SRK doesn't like a pat on the back: Deepika Padukone

Mumbai: Deepika Padukone has been always in the spotlight either for her acting abilities or for her romantic link-ups. We quizzed the svelte heroine how she copes up with constant speculations and gossip about her personal as well as professional life, especially since she comes from a non-filmy background.

In the spotlight: Deepika Padukone
"Initially, when I was new it was very difficult for me to handle this. My father was a champion player and he too got a lot of attention but media was not as huge as it is now. It wasn't following every move of his as it does now. My family and I have learnt over the last couple of years how to handle all this speculation and attention. We have understood that it is a part of our daily life," she says.
We also took the opportunity to ask her if she has spoken to her debut movie co-star Shah Rukh Khan post his shoulder surgery.
"I spoke to him and met him recently at an event over the weekend. I did get a message from Gauri saying he was in a lot of pain and wasn't in the state to meet anyone. He doesn't like a pat on the back. He's a fighter and a go-getter and an operation is just another day in his life," she says with a million dollar smile.
Deepika has teamed up with Saif Ali Khan for Love Aaj Kal and she is really kicked up to be working with Imtiaz Ali.
"It's great to have Imtiaz as my director. I loved Jab We Met and was looking forward to working with him. I thought the film was 'seamless' and the romance was very sweet," she says

No comments: