Thursday, January 15, 2009

I’m lovin’ it


Katrina Kaif is the only actress (and the youngest) to have earned an award nomination among stalwarts from different fields
Katrina Kaif has hit the bull’s eye and how! She is on a professional high after delivering a string of hits and is currently the most sought-after actress in the film industry. A popular channel has recognised Katrina’s achievement and listed her as an award nominee. The high point of the nomination is that the 24-year-old actress is the youngest and the only Bollywood actress to be featured among stalwarts from different fields. The top notch personalities among whom Katrina features are Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, boxing champ Vijender Singh, cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni, chess wizard Vishwanathan Anand, Industrialist Ratan Tata and Mukesh Ambani and film personalities like Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar, Prasoon Joshi and Naseeruddin Shah. Interestingly, Katrina Kaif is the only Indian actress to have made it to the list. According to the channel, “Five years after Katrina Kaif made her debut in the rather tragic film Boom (2003), she has scaled every peak that critics said she couldn’t. The lady has delivered seven hits from Namastey London to Singh Is Kinng.”No wonder, Katrina Kaif is on cloud nine. A visibly thrilled Katrina said, “Whatever is happening to me is amazing. This is the best thing to have happened to me in such a short span of time. I never even dreamt that one day I would be featured among people who have given 10 to 30 years to their careers. This award nomination has caught me completely off guard. I am not going to analyse it, justify it or even question it - I am only going to enjoy it. It is a pay off for my journey in the film industry and I am thoroughly enjoying it.”

No comments: