Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sanjay Baba has a lot to learn

Sanjay Dutt
may be one of the biggest stars of tinsel town, but the deadly Dutt, unlike his father Sunil Dutt, has still a lot to learn as far as


Manyata, Sanjay Dutt and Manoj Tiwari (TOI Photo) More Picspolitics is concerned. The controversial actor (who is starting his political innings now) seemed to be clueless about addressing a press conference on his recent visit to Lucknow the other day as the juornos fired a volley of questions on him. With Amar Singh continuously prompting him as to what he should say with Jaya Bachchan coming to his rescue as Dutt had a torrid time fielding hardcore political questions. And Munnabhai sent clear signals too that he was having a tough time batting on a different wicket – politics. Clad in a white kurta-payjama, a green muffler, a black sadri with a huge red teeka on the forehead, Dutt surely looked a complete neta. But while that was only in appearance, talking wise the actor failed to impress the media.




“I won’t give any bhashan, I’ll say dil ki baat,” said Dutt as he embarked on his political career. And while his expressions were those of one who’s nervous, on numerous occasions, the dashing Dutt even fumbled while answering to the media.





For that matter, his wife Manyata looked way more confident. Speaking without a stutter she said, “I would like to thank the people of Lucknow for giving such good support to my husband. I’m not new to this place as I have visited Lucknow many a times since my nanihaal was here.” Impressed by Manyata's small but crisp speech, Dutt pitched in with a smile, “She’s spoken so nicely that I feel, in public meetings later on, I’ll stand on the stage and let Manyata speak for me.”





Justifying his entry into politics, Dutt made it very clear that, “I was asked to contest elections by Amar Singhji because he said ‘you have done good work and the whole country is with you.’ And after coming to Lucknow and seeing the overwhelming response that I got from the Lucknow janata, I did realise that they are with me. Meri ragon mein Nargis aur Dutt saab (Sunil Dutt) ka khoon hai jinhone desh ke liye bahut kuchh kiya hai.”





When asked about his agenda for the elections, Munnabhai said, “Mera chunavi mudda Gandhigiri rahega. I'll give lots of jaadu ki jhappis.” So what all will he do if he gets a chance to meet chief minister Mayawati? “I’ll offer her flowers,” came a quick one from Sanju baba.





That really sums up everything!

No comments: