Monday, February 2, 2009

Asin wants to play meaty roles

With her debut Hindi film Ghajini already having catapulted her to star status, her forthcoming London Dreams with Salman Khan is expected to follow up the success in a big way. Neckdeep with shooting schedules, Asin manages time for us too...
With her debut Hindi film Ghajini already having catapulted her to star status, her forthcoming London Dreams with Salman Khan is expected to follow up the success in a big way. Neckdeep with shooting schedules, Asin manages time for us too...
How has life been post Ghajini?
Not very different. It’s just that more people recognise and appreciate me now.
According to you, who’s a better actor – Aamir or Salman?
Not fair! (laughs) How can you expect me to choose between the two? Both are legends in their own right and both are good friends of mine. They are poles apart, but yes, Salman is more spontaneous whereas Aamir takes his own time as he thinks a lot.
Whose physique do you like better?
Salman has always had a great body. But seeing Aamir put in such hard work for the body he made for Ghajini, I would give him extra points for that.
A lot is believed to be transpiring between Salman and you...
That’s rubbish. Salman is a good friend and it felt really good when he especially invited me to unveil his paintings. And no, he didn’t send me any cake on my birthday like it’s being speculated.
What about the Eiffel Tower scene he got incorporated for you in LD because you always desired that your dream lover propose to you there?
Oh, the proposal scene in front of the Eiffel Tower was director Vipul Shah’s idea. He got that scene incorporated because it was a part of the story and Paris being a romantic city, it was thought that the scene would look good there. What about the alleged catfight with Jiah?
Jiah has never had any problem with me and both of us are very cordial. I get along quite well with her family also. Anyway, all these rumours have been put to rest now after we were spotted together at various functions.
What kind of roles are you looking forward to?
I am looking forward to playing meaty roles like the one that I had in Ghajini. But I don’t want to be typecast in any image either. I want rightfully fulfil the aspirations that audiences have from me.
Are you single?
Very much so! The only man in my life currently is my dad, who handles my career. (Laughs) Besides, I have never had a boyfriend. And whenever I say that, I seem to have committed a crime as everybody steps back astonished ‘How’s that possible when you are so good looking?’ (laughs some more).

No comments: