Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I have lots more to achieve: Priyanka Chopra

Mumbai: Priyanka Chopra gets upfront on her lucky year in Bollywood and the good times ahead.
Miles to go...: Priyanka Chopra
It seems that Priyanka Chopra is getting used to the idea of receiving consecutive awards this year considering she has already won two best actress awards this year."I think I've been lucky this year," she says. Which other actress did she think was her closest competition? "I think Aishwarya. She looked beautiful and was just fantastic in Jodha Akbar."
Last year, Dostana and Fashion had her in completely different characters. Both the films went on to be successful critically as well as commercially. Which role was more difficult to portray? "Both were challenging in their own way. For example, in Fashion I was portraying the central character and the entire responsibility was on my shoulders.
Moreover, it was a character with multiple shades and it went through a transformation. On the other hand, in Dostana my character had tranquility among funny situations between two men. I had to maintain the balance in the plot," she says.
But what actually went wrong in a big film like Drona? "I think an actor is just a small part of the project. A huge crew toils hard day and night to get a film compete. We have all worked and given our best. It's always up to the public choice, I don't have any say in that," she says.
Talking about her forthcoming films, she seems on top of the world. "I think I have two great and diverse roles in both Kaminay and What's Your Raashee? I have admired both Vishal Bhardwaj and Ashutosh Gowariker's bodies of work and it's been a great experience working in the movies."
With back-to-back successes, critical acclaim, media attention and great roles ahead, what else is left for her to achieve? "Don't make it sound like I have started getting lifetime achievement awards. It's been just a few years and I am just a few films old. I am really kicked about my roles in the forthcoming movies, but I am just unable to speak about them right now. But, I guess I have a long way to go and a lot more to achieve," she ends.

No comments: