Sunday, February 15, 2009

Raj reviving Shilpa Shetty Foundation

Mumbai: Never mind the Rs 75-crore Valentine's Day gift, Shilpa Shetty's boyfriend Raj Kundra is now all set to revive the Shilpa Shetty Foundation.
DNA Love actually: Raj Kundra and Shilpa Shetty
Shilpa created this foundation nearly two years ago to help the cause of terminally ill patients but could never concentrate on it because of her busy schedule.
"I want to revive the foundation that she had set up and reach aid to the right people. I have always told her that I want to do something for charity and I feel her foundation is the right platform for me to do so. I want to make it bigger," says Raj.
Raj feels that he had learnt his lesson when he decided to pick up the London rights of a Bollywood movie. Though he managed a neat margin on the movie, he doesn't want to buy a new Bollywood movie again.
"I had picked up the UK rights of a film called Mere Jeevan Sathi. It was flop in India and I was worried as I had the overseas rights of the film. But you know what? Indians in the UK are crazy about Bollywood films and I made about 350,000 pounds.
Subsequently I took my money out. And I am not turning producer again," Kundra added.
According to Raj, he is planning to set up a business in India in the next few years. "I am not looking to set up a factory here. My businesses in the UK too will have to be looked after. I might be picking up a stake in some companies. But yes, I will be investing my money in this country. I have already invested my money at the IPL. I will have to be cautious howecver since the markets are not behaving well at the moment," he said.
But is he making the right decision by hinting that he planning to shift India? "I think that the lifestyle in India is better than in the UK. And let's not bring love into it. Love is blind, you never know where or how it happens," he says, adding: "One of my sisters was born and brought up in London but she's shifted to Ludhiana after her marriage. That is what love makes you do. If she can do it, why not me?"

No comments: