Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pray for Jade Goody: Shilpa Shetty

London: Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty has asked people to forget the controversy between her and Jade Goody and to pray for the latter's speedy recovery.

Goody was accused of racism and bullying by Shetty during their participation in British reality show Big Brother in 2007. The controversy led to the expulsion of Goody from the famous show.
Speaking to ITV news, Shetty said the two had made peace long before Goody was diagnosed with cancer. The actress said she had been invited but was unable to attend Goody's planned wedding to Jack Tweed.
"If I was in London I would definitely have been there to show her my solidarity," she told ITV television.
She said: "I buried the hatchet a very long time ago, not because I'd heard about her being diagnosed with cancer. I'd repeatedly told people my feelings and I really didn'twant to have any ill feelings against her.
"It's really sad to know that her health is deteriorating and I really want people to forget the past and I really want them to pray and send her good wishes because that's something that will give her energy."
Goody was diagnosed with cancer when she was participating in Indian reality show Bigg Boss 2, hosted by Shetty. The British celebrity then cut short her stay in Indiaand rushed back to the UK for treatment.
Shetty said, "I really want all the positive things to be affecting her at this point." Goody is scheduled to marry her fiance Jack Tweed, 21, on Sunday.
Tweed said: "Even if I have to drag her down there, she'll be down that aisle. Even in that hospital bed, I'll wheel the hospital bed down there."
Goody's publicist Max Clifford said Goody had made preparations to make sure the wedding goes ahead. He said: "Anybody that knows Jade knows what a determined young lady she is."

No comments: