Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I am very jealous of Ash: Abhishek Bachchan

Mumbai: Abhishek Bachchan is ready with a promising looking new film, Delhi 6, directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. While Mehra's film talks about Bachchan's character discovering India, Abhishek says he is an extremely patriotic person. And he has one wish for the country. "I want to do something about the level of education in our country. Education is very important and I am here because my parents gave me a fantastic education. And only education can take the country far," he says.
Abhishek Bachchan says he is envious of wife Aishwarya Rai for working with his idol Steve Martin.
Abhishek's next film (yet untitled) to be directed by Mani Ratnam might just be another milestone in his career (Mani's earlier two films with the actor Yuva and Guru won Bachchan many accolades). "With Mani, one is very excited because I know that he is going to guide me into a brilliantly crafted movie. I hope he has enough trust in me and I don't let him down," he says.
But recently, what made Abhishek envious was the fact that Ash got to act with his childhood idol. "We were at the premiere of The Pink Panther 2 and it was great fun. It's a hilarious film. Steve Martin is a genius. I am very jealous of Ash. He is someone I have been idolising when I was growing up. And Ash gets the opportunity to work with the likes of Steve Martin and Jeremy Irons!"

No comments: