Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dance pe chance maar le

Priyadarshan turned down Shah Rukh Khan's request to let Farah Khan choreograph 'Mar jaani' in Billu Barber. Priyan got his favourite choreographer Prasanna Sujit to do the song instead
The ‘Mar jaani’ song picturised on Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor in Billu Barber has become a chartbuster but not before director Priyadarshan had to politely turn down one of SRK’s requests .

Despite SRK wanting good friend Farah to choreograph the song, Priyadarshan insisted on his favourite choreographer Prasanna Sujit. Prasanna has choreographed most of the songs in Priyadarshan’s recent films.

However, Priyadarshan didn’t entirely turn down SRK’s request. The director decided to let Farah choreograph the Deepika Padukone-SRK song ‘Love mera hit hit’ instead. Initially, it was Prasanna who was supposed to choreograph it till SRK insisted on getting Farah to do that song at least.

Prasanna said, "Yes, I was also going to choreograph the Deepika-SRK song as I was initially asked to do two songs. But I don’t know much about it as Farah Khan finally choreographed ‘Love mera hit hit’."

When asked about the ‘Mar Jaani’ song, Prasanna said, "The first day I started work on the song, Shah Rukh sir was not present on the sets. Only Kareena was there.

One thing I knew was that I got the song only because of Priyan sir and I had to come up with something which wouldn’t let him down. Priyan sir was very clear that I will be doing ‘Mar Jaani’ as he had told me this earlier."

For ‘Mar jaani’, Shah Rukh Khan had asked Prasanna to give a signature step for the song. "I executed a particular step, which I thought was good enough to be the song’s signature.

Kareena saw it and told me that SRK would surely like the step. Thankfully, SRK approved and he rehearsed for 20 minutes. After that, it was smooth sailing for me," said a relieved Prasanna.

‘Chori chori’ from Garam Masala, the title song of Chup Chup Ke, ‘Pyaar ka signal’ from Bhagam Bhag and a song in Mere Baap Pehle Aap are some of the songs that Prasanna has earlier choreographed for Priyadarshan.

No comments: