Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I take Gauri for granted!: Shah Rukh Khan

Mumbai: "I am not a romantic person -- I am just sweet and a little charming," Shah Rukh Khan says with his trademark dimpled smile. "I don't really know how to go about doing candlelight dinners and gifting flowers and all. I am a normal guy who would have to put in a lot of effort to do romantic things."

On the occasion of Valentine's Day, Shah Rukh Khan gets candid about the changing equations with wife Gauri over their 24 years of togetherness.
Wife Gauri and he have been together for 24 years now, 17 years of marriage included. "Now that you mention it, it seems long, but otherwise we don't really sit back and think of the years like that. A lot of things have happened, and of course the kids (son Aaryan and daughter Suhana) came along..."
SRK says it's obvious that equations and priorities change soon after kids come along. "You are a family more than a couple. We still look at the kids as some kind of miracle. Here they are, these little bundles of joy, who actually even look like us.
When we had started courting, we hadn't really thought we would achieve this," he says with a smile. "I take Gauri for granted, most times," he says, candidly. "If you don't take your family for granted, who else do you? I don't agree when they say you should not take your family or the people you love for granted. They are the only ones you can take for granted, and that's why they are your family," he says.
Shah Rukh likes taking Gauri's advice. "Sometimes I listen to her, sometimes I don't," he says. "She gets a little irritated when I crack some jokes which she thinks doesn't suit the position I am in. Like when I retaliate to some nasty comment made on me, she tells me, 'Why do you do it? You don't have to!'
She thinks I should be more dignified than that, but sometimes I do it anyway because I think the situation demands it."

No comments: